Our Lifting Club History:
Our Guys and Girls Powerlifting clubs were set up in November 2014 to provide a suitable and comfortable environment for the people of Limerick to grow stronger. Since then, they have spread like wildfire and become Limerick's favourite lifting spot. We provide programs to get stronger, an atmosphere to motivate and more chalk and good music than you can handle.
Why You Should Join CityGym Limerick
- You will be coached by amazing coaches who have proven themselves on the platform on numerous occasions whilst competing themselves and coaching CityGym lifters
- Between our coaching staff and team we have athletes who have attained the highest rankings in Irish/European lifting with numerous record holders and national title winners training under the same roof. Our coach Arthur has also competed in the IPF worlds 2016 and 2017
- There is an extremely friendly environment where beginners and advanced trainees feel at home
- We are an official Eleiko affiliate so you know the equipment you will use is top of the line. We have calibrated plates, bars and official racks that are used in the IPF worlds
- We run seminars with some of the greatest lifters in the world right from our gym and as a club member you'll get first preference for tickets before public sales
- Lastly, we have a community of lifters who are very social and organise meet ups/parties throughout the year to blow off steam
Generally Those Who Join CityGym Are:
- People who are not looking for quick fixes. We do not do "3 week detox" or "5 week shred" style programming. We are very thorough and will only accept an application from those willing to commit to a minimum of a 6 month process.
- People who believe in an evidence based approach to training and nutrition
- Those willing to work with a coach. We have coaches on the floor who are there to help you at all times even when in the open gym.
- Those not looking for a "cheap" gym/ coach. We firmly believe that you get exactly what you pay for when it comes to coaching and we are known nationally for our high standard of training and results.
Our Times For Our Clubs Are As Follows:
- Monday: 6pm-7pm
- Wednesday: 6pm-7pm
- Friday: 6pm-7pm
Intermediate & Advanced Sessions
- Monday: 7pm-9pm
- Wednesday: 7pm-9pm
- Friday: 7pm-9pm
Our open gym is available to all club members. This is a loosely supervised session for competent and confident members of the clubs and runs from
- Monday-Friday: 4-6pm
- Saturday: 11am - 5pm